18 January 2013

Lemon Pepper Shrimp and Broccoli


Mmmmm! Mmmmm! Mmmmm! This is my new favorite dinner and it's so easy to make!

I recently discovered Argentinian Wild Red Shrimp at Trader Joe's. For only $8.99 a pound, it is a STEAL! And, it tastes similar to lobster! I sautee these babies up in some olive oil and Balade Light Butter with Sea Salt, then finish it off with lemon pepper seasoning. The perfect side dish for this masterpiece is steamed broccoli with fresh lemon juice.

After trying the Argentinian Wild Red Shrimp, I felt compelled to do some research. I learned about the benefits of eating wild shrimp over farm-raised shrimp. This article from the Huffington Post explains it really well. In a nutshell, farm-raised shrimp are raised with antibiotics and are more likely to carry foodborne illnesses. GROSS!

Here are the ingredients for the dish:

1 cup of frozen broccoli (I use organic broccoli from Trader Joe's.)
8 ounces of frozen, uncooked shrimp (Try the Argentinian shrimp from Trader Joe's if you can, but any typeof shrimp will work.)
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp Balade Light Butter with Sea Salt (Any type of light butter or butter-flavored vegetable oil spread will work)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 slice of lemon

This whole dish is only ***5 POINTS*** and has 34 grams of protein! Oh, and did I mention that it is absolutely delicious!?!?

2 comments:

turtle work said...

Im soooo totally going to make this!! Thanks for the tips! :) Mmmmmm shrrrimmmpieeess!

Unknown said...

Let me know what you think!