02 January 2013

Creamy Raspberry Breakfast Smoothie

Happy New Year! It's time to reset your body and detox!

I love a good smoothie for breakfast! I've been experimenting with different types of fruits, sweeteners, and milks. This is one of my favorites. It's made with goat's milk, organic raspberries, and Truvia. I made it using my new Cuisinart Smart Stick that I got for Christmas. It's a hand blender and so much easier to use/clean than a standard blender.

Goat's milk is new for me. I prefer the taste of cow milk or soy milk, but goat's milk is much easier on my sensitive stomach. Here are five reasons why goat's milk is better than cow's milk:

1. Goat's milk is less allergenic due to low levels of Caesin.
2. Goat's milk is naturally homogenized (no cancer-causing DNA mutations).
3. Goat's milk is easier to digest.
4. Goat's milk rarely causes lactose intolerance.
5. Goat's milk matches up to the human body better than cow's milk.

(Source: Mt. Capra)

Ingredients:

2/3 cup - goat's milk
1/2 cup - frozen, organic raspberries
2 packets - Truvia

Put it all together and BLEND!!!!

I bought the goat's milk and frozen raspberries from Trader Joe's and the Truvia packets from ShopRite.

Here's the nutritional breakdown for this meal:

7g of fat
20g of carbs
4g of fiber
6g of protein

***4 POINTS***

This should hold you over until lunch and energize you for the day! It's quick and refreshing!

No comments: