19 March 2013

2 Eggs & Quinoa Toast

One of the greatest joys in life is soaking up a runny yoke with a piece of toast. I love eggs over easy, but it's just not the same without toast. Trying to cut grains from your diet is no easy feat. I've been searching high and low for a grain-free bread that doesn't taste like cardboard. I failed, but recently discovered quinoa bread at Trader Joe's. Although it is a grain, quinoa doesn't bloat you like wheat. And, quinoa is high in protein, so there's that added benefit. I have finally found a bread that is healthy and delicious!

And, while we are talking about eggs, please buy free-range, organic eggs!!! Besides the health benefits of eating eggs produced by hormone-free chickens, it's the right thing to do. I went to school in Virginia and came across countless chicken trucks on the highway. It is so sad to see all of those chickens crammed together. I can't morally support animal cruelty. Free-range, organic eggs are just one of those things that I splurge on to feel better about myself. I like to think they taste better, too!

No comments: