10 December 2012

Coconut Bread and Sunflower Seed Spread

This is one of my favorite breakfasts to make. It's quick, easy and nutritious! Julian Bakery makes a line of low-carb breads. I love the one made with coconut flour. You can order online or pick some up in Plainview at Get Healthy America! I keep the bread frozen so that it doesn't go bad and toast on high. Then, I spread a tablespoon of Sunbutter on top. I buy Sunbutter at Trader Joe's or Shop Rite. This is a paleo, gluten-free, yeast-free, peanut-free and low-carb breakfast! Here's the nutritional breakdown:

9g of fat
9g of carbs
7g of fiber
8g of protein
***4 POINTS***

And, instead of coffee, I enjoy this breakfast with a cup of Yerba mate tea sweetened with 1 packet of Truvia (found in most grocery stores). I brought my Yerba mate tea back from my trip to Argentina, but you can buy some in Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. It has just as much caffeine as coffee, but is so much better for you. Tea balances your body, while coffee is acidic. You will feel great and light because there's no cream or sugar involved!
***0 POINTS***




No comments: