21 June 2013

The Easiest Meal I've Ever Made!

I was inspired by an article I read on the U.S. News website by Liz DiAlto, a fitness and lifestyle coach. She writes about why you can't rely on willpower to eat healthy or workout. You have to keep it simple and enjoy it, or it won't happen. So, I went on a quest to find the easiest, most delicious meal I could possibly make. This meal took me less than 5 minutes to make and it is SO YUMMY.

A roasted chicken patty topped with melted brie and drizzled with honey may be my new favorite meal. On the side, I sauteed some organic baby chard, spinach and kale (Power to the Greens) in olive oil with lemon pepper salt seasoning. This is another 100% Trader Joe's meal. I can't help it! Shopping anywhere else for groceries is just plain silly! The trick to this meal's simplicity is the roasted chicken patty. It's precooked, lean and high in protein. I hate handling raw chicken and I always overcook it. The patty is a little more expensive than buying and cooking your own chicken, but it's so much easier to make and that's what is going to help me stick to my diet!

In total, the meal is 350 calories! It's perfect to make after a long day at work and the brie/honey combo makes it seem slightly sinful. ;-)

No comments: